Montana residents can pay for qualifying medical expenses while building up savings for future medical costs.
- Improved personal control over healthcare and expenses*
- May offer benefits on your Montana tax return**
- May earn dividends on entire balance above what is offered on the Regular Savings
- Dividends paid monthly, based on average daily balance
- Can be funded systematically or as expenses are incurred
- No setup charges or service fees
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your MSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- No minimum deposit to open
More detailed information can be found through the MSU Extension website at: www.msuextension.org.
*Qualifying medical expenses are limited to the individual. However, if you are married, your spouse may open an additional MSA, increasing the amount you may be able to deduct on your Montana taxes.
**Consult a tax advisor.